2020 was a challenging year for many people, but the new year means new opportunities. It is also a good opportunity to review your personal insurance.
- Have you remodeled or renovated your home or are you planning a big remodel? If so, your insurance advisor should reevaluate the reconstruction cost of your home.
- Have you started a business from home? Traditional home insurance policies do not provide adequate coverage for an in-home business. It is important to notify your trusted insurance advisor – even if your revenue is still small.
- Have you purchased a secondary home or rental property? Are you planning to put your home on the market soon?
- Are you still working from home or has your frequency of driving reduced? If so, you could qualify for additional credits or may benefit from pay-as-you-drive insurance.
- Have you taken advantage of low interest rates and traded in or purchased a new car? Make sure to call your insurance advisor. Don’t rely on your dealership to do it for you.
- Do you have teen drivers that have a GPA above 3.0? If so, they may qualify for additional good student discounts.
Reviewing a few key aspects of your insurance now can help prevent issues in the future. Do you want to review your insurance coverage for the new year? Contact a trusted insurance advisor at Evarts Tremaine today.